You’ve probably heard of the Sunday Scaries… They actually have a great Instagram account if you need an example of being clear and repetitive in your messaging (something I talk about in today’s podcast episode).
While the Sunday Scaries are REAL, so are the “Marketing Scaries”.
Think about about it like this: Your scary marketing strategies (or most likely “lack of” strategies) are now haunted houses.
You’ve seen the memes right… “A haunted house but your iced coffee is the wrong shade of beige for your brand aesthetic.” – Funny but kind of serious!
On today’s episode of Marketing Bar, I’m walking you through 8 Marketing Haunted Houses You’ll want to AVOID at all costs. Seriously, BEWARE!
They’re the haunted houses that cause you to work harder, not smarter.
They cause you to blend into the sea of sameness on Instagram.
They keep you hidden from your dream clients.
They prevent you from building the business and life you started all of this for.
And by learning what to avoid, you’ll learn exactly what you need to do to put that thing down, flip it and reverse it!
SO LET ME BREAK IT DOWN, ONE HAUNTED HOUSE AT A TIME
- A haunted house but you’re trying to speak to the masses (you don’t have a niche)!
- A haunted house but you spend a ton of time on social media content and you don’t have an email list
- A haunted house but you do everything manually and don’t have any automations set up (to grow your business while you sleep or from the beach)
- A haunted house but you have a business, not a brand
- A haunted house but you’re creating every piece of content from scratch and you’re not repurposing or repeating your messaging
- A haunted house but your bio doesn’t make someone want to click “follow” (specifically your dream clients)
- A haunted house but you’re only offering 1-1 services
- A haunted house but you’re not consistent on social media
Put your Halloween costume on, pour yourself a spooky beverage and hit play on today’s episode to learn how to avoid the haunted houses of marketing and start marketing SMARTER!
LOVE BEING A REGULAR AT MARKETING BAR? WRITE A REVIEW!
Tell everyone what you love about the show, an idea you got from listening, your favorite episode so for, when we you listen, or how the podcast has helped you / your biz!
To make it even sweeter, when you leave a review we’ll send you a little something special! Just screenshot your review and email it to email@example.com with the subject line “Podcast Review – Marketing Bar”. Include your mailing address and any topics you want to hear.
THINGS I MENTION IN THE SHOW
Get 50% off your first year of FloDesk with THIS LINK